Live Streaming iRacing on Facebook
COVID-19 has caused the coaching staff at the KW Cycling Academy to re-think our youth programs through the winter. Over the years, KWCA has always looked for ways to expand the training opportunities for u25 athletes. Early in Septemeber a the Waterloo Youth Cycling Studio needed to be closed to training out of an abundance of caution to keep our families safe.
in the last 20 weeks, these are some of the areas KWCA put in place to keep our young athletes enthused in riding there bikes in these troubling times:
- KWCA Youth programs moved to the Forest City Velodrome... 2 sessions per week. (Speed, skills, endurance and confidence)
- KWCA "Hour of Power" utilizing Zoom.
- The Zoom-Zwift combined to make indoor training fun for our youth athletes.
- Expanded Zoom-Zwift technology to help promote fun training race simulations.
- Zwift-Zoom evolved into 3 Categories of iRacing throughout the week.
- Enter the Winter Heat iRacing series - single events to Stage races that provide a fun environment for youth racers to learn how to race.
- Now... KWCA introduces "Live Streaming" direct to our Facebook page. With live race commentary.
Interested in finding out more information about the KW Cycling Academy programs: