KW Cycling Academy FTP Testing
Monday January 25th Virtual FTP Testing: "Zwift ramp fitness testing"...
Protocols: Things to remember:
- Rest the day before the test!
- Good nights sleep before the test!
- Eat normally until 2-3 hours before the test!
- Check all electrical connections the day before!
- Pump-up tires to 100 pounds!
- Calibrate your trainer ahead of time if possible!
- Relax and don’t think! Just focus on the task at hand!
As part of a well rounded training program, periodic Threshold testing in recommended a couple of time per year. FTP (Funtional Threshold Power) is an excellent indicator if the Training a young athlete has completed is actually improving the fitness, strength and speed of the athlete. KW Cycling has years of data to see how each athlete is improving.
COVID-19 had put a lid on testing at KW Cycling Academy in 2020. This situation will change as we get into the new year.
Beginning in January KW Cycling Academy will pre-Book FTP testing dates on our Team Calendar.... KWCA members receive a up to 3 tests at "No Charge" per year. Cost for Non-members is $50.00. Please allow an hour for set-up, warm up, the test and cool down.
More information will be available as our New trainers arrive.